Uptown Girls!

July 26th, 2012 rlhenr14

A few years ago I watched the movie Uptown Girls starring Brittany Murphy and Dakota Fanning and in the movie the two main characters go on an adventure to Coney Island. Since watching that scene, I have always wanted to see Coney Island for myself. This weekend, I was finally able to experience  the carnival rides, Nathan’s hot dogs, the boardwalk and the beach first-hand and I wasn’t disappointed!. My friend Courtney and I explored all day and even took a dive into the ocean. It was quite an adventure. This was not my only adventure on the weekend. I also saw Cirque Du Soleil at the Radio City Music Hall. I had no idea what to expect and it turned out to be INCREDIBLE. Performers did the unimaginable –  at one point there were four men standing on each others shoulders. My work week has also been exciting since the other interns and I are making progress on our projects, continuing to learn a great deal about corporate tax issues and incorporating a little fun into the day by playing competitive games of UNO with our secretaries at lunch.  It continues to be an amazing summer here in New York City!